2 Ingredient Super Simple Bagels
I love bagels more than a lot of things. To me they seem like the perfect breakfast. Cream cheese, butter or even garlic confit with some salt are all amazing things that can go onto these bagels. The two ingredient bagel isn’t a new concept and I was inspired to finally make these after seeing them everywhere from one of my favourite bloggers London Bruncher . The best part about this recipe is if you’re having a craving you can have these from start to finish in about 1 hour, much less than the traditional bagel recipe.
The base of this recipe is great to add any toppings or flavours you’re into. I also got a great recommendation from a friend to turn these into bagel bites and stuffing them with cheese! I’ll have to report back but they also sound amazing! I personally find ‘Everything Bagel’ seasoning is my favourite and you can see how I make mine from scratch HERE!
2 Ingredient Super Simple Bagel
- Sheet Pan
- Large Bowl
- 1 Cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Self Rising flour (1 cup AP flour, 1tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning See my recipe linked above
- Cheddar and Chive
- Poppy Seed
- Sesame Seed
- Onion Bagels
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl until combined and knead for 3-5 minutes. Rest for 30 minutes.
- While resting, preheat oven to 350F
- Once bagels rested, cut into 4 even portions, roll each portion into a long log and pinch ends together for form bagel shape. Make sure you have a larger circle in the middle (around 3") as the bagel will tighten up as it bakes.
- Top with wash *For the wash I mixed 1tsp of greek yogurt with 1tsp of water and brushed it on, it worked quite well if you don't have eggs! Or you can make a simple egg wash* and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add desired toppings, be nice and liberal with them. No one wants minimal toppings. Not me at least HA!
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on oven heat, you want them to get golden brown.
- Let them sit for about 10-15 minutes if you can, and top with whatever you like! I personally love cream cheese, or garlic confit bits and salt. Decadent but addictive.