This is what I believe to be the gift that keeps on giving. It’s become a regular rotation in my cooking every couple weeks to ensure I always have it on hand. It’s essentially a spreadable, garlicky, delicious wonderland of a ‘condiment’ if you will. This is absolutely for the garlic enthusiasts who believes that the more garlic the better. Like me! Have you ever had a recipe in which they say 2 cloves of garlic, and you end up laughing hysterically at the penance they’ve allowed. Same. I am a 4 cloves minimum gal and with this condiment you’ll go through it faster than ever.
- 2 bulbs Organic Garlic the fresher and bigger the better
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Take all cloves of garlic off the bulb and remove skins and small root, you can remove the skin easier by gently, but firmly tapping the garlic with the side of your chef knife to the cutting board
- Place skinned garlic into medium saucepan
- Add olive oil and bay leaves to saucepan
- Set heat to lowest setting and wait for very small bubbles to arise. It should not be boiling at any point, we're looking to cook very low and very slow
- Monitor Garlic for 2-3 hours, when garlic has a deep brown colour you're done!
- Place hot oil and garlic in heat proof mason jar and leave lid open to completely cool
- Garlic can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
- If your garlic confit becomes solid in the fridge that’s ok! Just remove from fridge before you’re able to use and it can also be used cold in dishes like mashed potatoes.
- Favourite things to use it for; pasta, pizza, garlic bread, potatoes, salad dressings, stir fry, literally anything you want to add a nice garlic punch!