It’s been said you eat with your eyes first. This dish is no exception. That’s why this is ‘The Prettiest Rice Bowl Ever’. The ingredients involved require so many delicious elements and when put all together they are a match made in heaven. To get …
It’s no secret I’m obsessed with mushrooms. All of them. No mushroom is left unloved and I truly hope my mushroom love spreads far and wide to everyone else! That’s why I can’t wait to share with you these perfect smokey spicy enoki mushrooms. Enoki mushrooms are the kind of mushrooms you would typically find in ramen bowls or even inside some spring rolls. But I love them so much roasted to the extreme to where they become crispy and crunchy and almost burnt.
This recipe is pretty versatile in how far you want to take the cook based on what you’re using it for. If I’m having it as a snack I like to cook it a little further than you may think it needs to go, but if I’m using it in a rice dish (like this one here!) then I like to pull them a little sooner. It comes together in no time at all and I actually have used both my air fryer and oven for these guys so whichever you decide on using it’s up to you! I would suggest keeping an eye on them in the tail end of the cook because I do like them dark and crispy but not inedible.
Here we go!
Perfect Smokey Spicy Enoki Mushrooms
- Air Fryer
- Sheet Pan
- Small Metal Bowl
- 1 pckg Enoki Mushrooms The ones I buy come in a standard package size so they should suffice
- 2 tbsp Scallion or Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Cut Woody ends off mushrooms
- Combine all spices
- Take mushrooms and break off into smaller portions, about 1cm bundles
- Coat mushrooms in oil and seasoning. I like to use my hands here to make sure everything is nicely and evenly coated
For Air Fryer
- Place a layer of foil on your air fryer base, helps with cleaning and prevents mushrooms from peaking through.
- In batches cook in AF for 8-10minutes at 400F, I like to flip them to make them crispy
- Take large parchment lined sheet pan, place mushrooms in even later, cook in oven for 15-20minutes, flipping half way and keep an eye on them in the last 7-10 minutes or so. I like my oven ones very crispy but you can cook them to your liking.