Easy Breezy Cheesy Ramen
I think I’ve said it before, I definitely got into instant ramen way too late in life. So I’m absolutely making up for lost time. It’s perfect. It’s amazing, I’m obsessed and I’ll never not have multiple packages of instant ramen in my house forever and ever. I was told about a Cheese Ramen by a friend of mine and it’s like KD but much much different and as a KD lover, I’m hooked. This is the perfect dinner when you wanna look fancy, look like you tried but really it takes about 10 minutes or so from start to finish and it checks off all the boxes.
The secret to this recipe are two things, the instant cheese ramen package and cream cheese. Cream Cheese?! What?! Yes. Cream cheese. It adds a level of extra depth and creaminess and most of us have it laying around, at least I know I do these days so it’s a win win situation.
This is also one of those recipes that are very easy to alter, don’t have mini bok choy? Use frozen peas, or spinach or nothing if you’d like! The only thing I suggest not skipping is the soft boiled egg. It adds a nice amount of protein and just makes it look so nice. Eggs just make everything look pretty in my opinion.
Easy Breezy Cheesy Ramen
- Medium sized pot
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 package Cheese Ramen You can find this at most convenience stores, shoppers drugs marts or an asian grocery store is even better!
- 4 Mini Baby Bok Choy You can use frozen peas, frozen spinach or any greens you have on hand! It's easy to swap out.
- 2 tbsp Softened Cream Cheese
- Chili Oil, sesame seeds for garnish Make your own or you can find in most grocery stores
- It all starts off with the perfect soft boiled egg. Boil water in medium pot, place the egg in boiling water for exactly 6 minutes. Once the time is up, immediately place the egg in a ice water bath and place until plating.
- I like to cook the ramen in the same water as the boiled egg, why not? Saves water and time! It all starts with the cheese ramen packet.
- Remove flavour packets and cook Ramen for approximately 2 minutes
- While cooking, cut bok choy in half
- After 2 minutes add bok choy to pot with ramen and cook for 2 minutes. we're looking to blanche the veggies. *If using frozen veggies cook for the full 4 minutes*
- Remove bok choy (or other veggies) and place aside and drain all the water from the pot EXCEPT about 1/2 cup
- Add the cream cheese, and flavour packets, stir to mix and incorporate
- Time to plate the dish! I like to add the noodles to the centre of the bowl first and pour the sauce around the perimeter of the dish.
- Place the bok choy on top to the side and peel the soft boiled egg, cut the egg on top of the ramen, add sesame seeds and chili oil to finish and garnish.